We are completely out of sugar. Completely out. All gone. We have honey, brown sugar, and confectioner's sugar, but none of those seem quite right to put in coffee. And while pregnant, I need to have a bit of sugar in my coffee--the sugar cuts through the acidity and lets my stomach accept it.
We do, however, have sweetened whipped cream. Therefore, I am thoroughly enjoying my coffee today.
Last night we were at my parents' house to do our family birthday celebration (3 out of 5 of us have birthdays within a three-day spread in February). It was fun, and I made the most amazingly delicious cupcakes ever. If the camera battery were not completely dead, I would put a picture up. But here is the recipe for Black Bottom Cupcakes from the Joy of Cooking.
We didn't get in the car to go home until a little after ten PM, and within minutes Lizzie was out cold. She slept while I got her out of the seat, woke up for a few seconds when I told her I would get her baby and her blanket (to which she said, "Please"), and didn't make a peep when I put her in the crib and removed her shoes. Let me tell you, that has not happened in ... I would venture to say a year. She slept all night long. We had a full day yesterday, and she had no nap.
My menu planning concept has been lost recently. Sam working afternoon/closing shift more days than not has confused me when it comes to dinners. It seems futile to make an entire meal for myself and a somewhat particular toddler. Yet, having fewer real dinners makes for considerably fewer leftovers for him to eat for lunch before leaving for work.
So, this is the plan:
Real dinners:
- Baked Ziti
- Steak w/ marinated onions
- Pork chops w/ cabbage
- hamburgers/sliders
- something out of the freezer
- drive thru/out
Lunches:
- leftovers
- sandwiches (with some homemade bread?)
- quesadillas (I've been craving refried bean and cheese quesadillas almost daily lately!)
Breakfasts:
- waffles
- egg/sausage or Canadian bacon/cheese bagel sandwiches
- eggs, cereal, oatmeal... the usual.
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
6 months ago
We had whipped toppping on our pancakes this morning and hubby put a dollop in his coffee :)
ReplyDelete