Friday, February 11, 2011

Coffee Cake Today


This morning I couldn't sleep, so I got up a bit earlier than usual, inspired to make a coffee cake for breakfast.  It just came out of the oven, and I am pretending I don't hear Lizzie making her, "Hey, I'm awake, is anybody going to come get me?" noises.  I am SO looking forward to coffee cake and coffee to go with it.  There's enough to share, Company Girls!

I'm here with a fried egg, to balance out all the carbohydrates I'll be consuming.  I recently re-learned that carbs without protein make for one very mean lightheaded and shaky mama, so especially while pregnant, I'm trying to make sure I don't go more than a couple hours without something with more protein.

Sam doesn't have to go in to work for another hour and a half, so I am enjoying knowing that if I hop in the shower now, he can hold down the fort.  Then I will be bright and clean, and get to enjoy my coffee cake and coffee.  This is getting better and better.

Plus, I had a quiet time, while waiting for the coffee cake to finish baking.  I've been plugging away in John.  Lately I haven't had a specific direction, so when that happens, and you're tired of psalms, you can't go wrong with John.  Granted, I have been still reading breakfast psalms off and on with Lizzie.  But that's not really going to fill my heart when I'm trying to convince her to eat her waffle.  A couple of days ago I shared a huge revelation from John 5, and if you have a minute, jump over to read all my excuses for why I don't live the life I had dreamed. 

So it's shaping up to be a great morning.  Now, it's time for a shower, then my long-awaited coffee and cake!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great morning! Coffee cake...yum!
    Hope your weekend is wonderful!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I loved your post on the in-valid (gosh, I laughed at that) man. We are masters at making excuses, aren't we? We hear Paul say "I can do all things through Christ", but we really don't seem to want to put in any effort. I needed to hear this this week!

    Carbs really need to be eaten with protein - I've learned that on an eating plan I'm using. One works off the other; balance is a bit thing. Being from Wisconsin, one of my favorite protein sources is cheese - string cheese, the little Babybel rounds, the "taster size" blocks of imported cheese our grocer offers for a discount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful...peaceful morning...coffee cake..coffee...a shower and time alone with God. I like it! Love those kind of mornings. After I post this I'm jumping to your other post that you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee cake, coffee and quiet sound like a perfect morning! Hope the rest of the day goes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a heavenly morning...I would LOVE to sink my teeth into that coffee cake! Hope you have an equally lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got to savor the moment ths morning. It is so nice to take your time and relax from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)