We had a lovely day. Aside from a mandatory meeting at work, Sam had the day off.
He surprised me by taking me to a restaurant that takes reservations. I believe it was the first time in the 6 years we've been dating or married that we have ever gotten a dinner reservation. Technically, it was a lunch reservation, but that's beside the point.
I am kicking myself for not taking any pictures--my hair even looked pretty nice. The only picture we got from yesterday was this one:
![]() |
| What can I say? She likes sparkly things. |
The three of us went together to Fogo de Chao.
It.
Was.
Amazing.
For years I have heard about it. Each seat has a coaster that is red on one side and green on the other. Green means, "Yes, please," and red means, "No thanks."
![]() |
| {image credit} |
They have waitstaff who walk around carrying meat on skewers, and if your coaster is turned to green, they approach your table, tell you what they have, and cut it right off onto your plate. At one point we had 4 different waiters with 4 different kinds of meat surrounding us. It was a bit overwhelming. Sirloin, pork ribs, lamb chops, and filet mignon, all at our fingertips. You can eat until you can't sit upright any longer. The salad bar alone is gourmet, but the meats they bring you are so good.
Aside from the toddler who didn't want to sit in her chair, and wanted to walk laps around the tables, it was one of the most delicious and fun dining experiences I've ever had. They even brought us a complementary Happy Birthday flan.
It too
Was
Amazing.
We came home, where Sam went immediately into a food coma, and Lizzie "napped" for 20 minutes in the car on the way back; thus, there was no break for Mommy. So I finished the laundry I'd started before lunch, while following the bouncing toddler from one mode of entertainment to another.
Dinner consisted of leftovers in various forms. Spaghetti. Bean & cheese quesadillas. Cereal.
After the littlest person was in bed (at a decent hour for once) we watched 'The Proposal' off Netflix.
| {image credit} |
Sam had not seen it, and I decided I would just turn it on, and he could join me if he wanted to. Eventually both of us, one of the cats, and the dog, were all on the couch. Oh, we laughed so hard. Sam and I did, that is. The cat and the dog were just basking in the privilege of being on the couch with us.
Being 30 is not bad. Not bad at all. In fact, I wouldn't mind turning 30 every day.
* * * * *
Though I am late in joining up to the Home Sanctuary Company Girl Coffee blog hop, I had every intention of joining it yesterday. However, the day filled up quickly and I never got a chance. Have you hopped with these bloggers before? Now is your chance!


Happy birthday! Forgot to wish you a happy birthday on FB yesterday. E has major allergies and her nose is a faucet, and she's all teary-eyed. Every other second she says, "Boogers boogers." Anyhow, sounds like it was a lot of fun. I love my first year in the 30s. It is coming to an end soon. Although there are many days where I feel tired, I don't feel old at all.
ReplyDeleteLoving Lizzie's stylish pic. I think I have one exactly the same of E.
I have not watched that movie yet. Sounds date night worthy.
Happy Birthday! I loved the Proposal...but then I'm a big Sandra Bullock fan....glad you had a nice day commemorating your birth!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Friend! I remember many a birthday party at your parents house:) Lots of good memories. Hard to believe we're 30 this year! Wow, time does fly. Amber Armstrong
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!! Sounds like a great restaurant. We love the proposal! It does give you a lot of good laughs! Enjoy being 30, and have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! We celebrated my husband's 30th birthday this weekend too.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday!!! Found you through Company Girl. That is so cool you are an home school alumni!! I home schooled for 13 years (my baby graduated last year...boo hoo.)
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed week!!
Happy Belated Birthday, sounds like a great one! I love the movie, The Proposal, so cute! I hope you year of 30 is amazing...the decade has treated me pretty well so I hope the same for you!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday!! sounds like a sweet day! when I turned 30 (4 years ago) I researched what Scripture said about turning 30. turns out it is the year of ministry!! As David, Jesus, Joseph and others began their ministries at 30!! So many blessings and love as you embark on what the Lord has for you this year!
ReplyDelete