Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine's Variety

This morning we colored a heart for Daddy.  It is on the refrigerator, awaiting its discovery. 
Lizzie loves to "tolor"

Sam is working this evening, so we already had a couple of special dinners at home over the weekend.  If you don't know what to make one day, give this One Dish Pork Chops and Cabbage dish a try.  We haven't ooh'ed and ahh'ed so much over a meal in a long time.  And the best thing is, it's inexpensive and easy.  But I had to reduce the size, since I didn't have such a large roasting pan.  I'm sure you could improvise.

I gave Sam a card.  He's going to take me out on a for real date sometime in the next week or two, when we can arrange for a babysitter.  (i.e., when my mom is not sick and feeling like crud.)

After eating some special Valentine's Day dinner leftovers, Lizzie and I went outside and crunched in the leaves.  It is a gorgeous day.  Sunny and over 60 degrees F. 
crunch, crunch, crunchy leaves

Then we watched High School Musical, which I had never seen.  (Gasp!)  I know, way to be half a decade behind the times, Cindy!  Anyways, Lizzie was enthralled.  She couldn't get enough of the singing.

Lizzie says the word "singing" frequently, and it sounds like "sinnee" - which Sam is convinced is her saying, "Cindy."  He laughs every time she says "sinnee."

I am now 19 weeks pregnant.  People can look at me and tell that I'm pregnant.  I'm starting to feel the occasional movement - most of the time I can identify it as baby, sometimes I'm not sure and it could be gas.  We find out (hopefully) whether this kid is a "he" or a "she" next week.  That will be a fun birthday present. :)
Please disregard the clingy child and the unmade bed.
My feet are beginning to swell.  It usually only happens when I sit for too long, or if I am standing for too long.  I can tell if I spent an excessive amount of time on the computer by the end of the evening, depending on how thick my ankles are.  I can't wait to see what kind of shape my legs will be in by the time this is all over.

1 comment:

  1. We have not watched HSM yet, but we do know the songs. We're not big on Vday since we already do a simple date night every month, but at MOPS we made a 'message in a bottle' for the hubby.

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)