Friday, March 4, 2011

Five Minutes in the Mirror

When I look in the mirror I see....

A bit more gray hair than I would like to see.
Hair that has been ignored into a ponytail more times than I can count.
Wispy "wings" around my forehead that won't cooperate, no matter how I straighten, blow dry, or try to join them instead of beat them.
Round cheeks and an overbite, but at least I have straight teeth.  Thanks for the 4 years in braces, Mom and Dad.



Again, there is a very distinct roundness in front.   Evidence of a little girl hoped for, and as yet unseen.  A little child with a promise of grace. 

I see, finally, a grown up who has replaced the quiet girl.  A woman.  A wife.  A mother. 

I've linked today with Gypsy Mama (Links and pics added after 5 minutes were up), and Company Girl Coffee.   Feel free to hop along with the Company Girl Blog Hop, below!


4 comments:

  1. Yay for braces! But after we moved my retainers were not the same so I'm hoping my teeth won't be crooked again. Enjoy your weekend mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my "place"! Congrats on a new little one growing within!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a BEAUTIFUL baby bump!!!!! My oldest are 15 1/2 months apart. I LOVE it. I keep praying somehow the Lord would surprise us with a baby close to Miss Patrice too. I love how close my oldest girls are. It's crazy in the beginning, but I cannot tell you how truly worth it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baby bump is SO lovely, so beautiful.

    Wonderful writing. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)