I just realized that we gave Lizzie her first bites of solid food A YEAR AGO.It gave me a scare for a moment not unlike the moments in which you realize you can measure your life in DECADES.
We've come a long way. The first thing she ate was avocado. She loved it.
These days, Liz will eat almost anything except for avocado. The texture gets to her. I guess it reminds her of baby food. And she is such a big girl that she wants nothing to do with baby food.
Now she eats green beans. Whole. Frozen--especially when she's teething.

(Speaking of teething, we are almost done. Praise Jesus! The last incisor is through and is working its way into its position. Oh, the relief!)
Ever since teething began, along with the buckets of drool, bibs have been part of our daily routine.
Until recently, they have been wadded in one of the few drawers in the kitchen. The same drawer that holds the hot pads and towels and cloth napkins. And it's pretty small. You know how it is trying to cram too many things into one small drawer. It was frustrating, so I began not putting them away. That never helps the frustration level go down, because then they're just out where they don't belong.
Here is my solution:

This picture only shows two bibs hanging, for clarity's sake. Normally there are about a dozen. And the way this kid eats, we go through that many between laundry days.
They are now hanging on the wire shelving behind the door of the pantry. The bibs that clasp are wrapped around the wire.
The bibs that don't clasp--the kind you have to pull over the head like a t-shirt--are looped through a plastic link.
This has solved the bib problem!
Since I'm talking about bibs, and mentioned laundry, I also realized that bibs should be washed inside mesh lingerie bags. Even if you close all the Velcro tabs before you throw them in, there is no guarantee they won't catch on something you really didn't want to have frayed.
I'm giving the "Works for Me Wednesday" link up a whirl. Because I believe this will help more than just me.
So far I have linked up with 3 different sites this week. It is so much fun to meet new people through these sites. I don't know why I haven't tried to do this before!
Great idea for hooking them up that way.
ReplyDeleteVery smart!
ReplyDeleteIn another year or so, you won't need bibs at all. Babies grow up so fast.