Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday. Meals and Such, Oct 4


Well, the Menu Plan Monday thing is tricky for me. I have posted our meals on the blog 3 times, and never have stuck precisely with the plan. So, I'm going to go with "Meal Options" instead.

Apparently I'm more of a free spirit than I let on, and don't like following a list. Or maybe I'm such a poor planner that I don't plan according to logic, or refrigerator space. But I suppose I'll figure it out before too long. For now, I do well with a list of "what we can eat this week" and I'll start whichever one on whichever day, and if not, we'll eat grilled cheese.

Meal options, 10.4.10

Honey Dijon Chicken w/ pasta and veggies (what we ate tonight; a hit with all of us, every time)
Country Style Pork Ribs (Help? They were on sale. Any suggestions for me as to how to make them?)
Sausage and Peppers and Onions (this is SO good)
Beans & Rice
Cube Steak and veggies and potatoes
Grilled cheese & soup (from a can)
Arroz con Pollo
and probably some chicken sandwiches (you know, frozen chicken patties, on buns. Yes, because we're classy like that.)

For breakfasts: oatmeal, eggs, and once or twice pancakes or waffles

Lunches: leftovers, sandwiches, whatever we can find in the pantry

Last week I did make a couple of good meals, and one of them I want to share with y'all. It's a pretty simple gumbo, and I got pictures and everything. Fun. So hopefully that will go up this week.

1 comment:

  1. You'll get the hang of it. We used to waste food even when we planned, but now, not so much. It's hard when the kids' eating habits are always changing.

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)