Hey! Thanks for visiting! I'm joining the Company Girls again.
It's time for the 2nd cup of coffee. The 2 o'clock pot.
Let's see, this week . . .
I locked Lizzie in the truck.
We made it to home group.
I have written a blog post every day.
Sam applied to 2 jobs.
I finished and put away all the laundry.
Lizzie turned 16 months.
I bought 4 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, a set of empanada presses, and a pyrex bowl for only $6.81.
I haven't been to the grocery store yet.
I have $10 to spend at Kohl's, $5 at Walmart, and $10 at Target!
I read the entire "Complete Idiot's Guide to Raising Chickens" from the library.
I'm picking up "Unlikely Disciple" at the library today. Looking forward to reading it.
I had a morning quiet time twice.
We went to bed before midnight once.
I got my first jury summons.
I took oodles of pictures.
I uploaded a dozen videos of the grandchild for the grandparents. They were thrilled.
I made lemon bars.
I "followed" a ton of new blogs.
We went to a friend's house for dinner last night, and had a terrific time.
I straightened my hair once.
I went for a 1+ mile walk once.
And, I think I'm quite happy.
I'll write something with more substance a little later. Now I am off to the grocery store, library, and Kohl's! Probably in reverse order.
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
9 months ago
Woohoo! Sounds like a fab week! But really, your first jury summons!! Almost everyone in my fam has been summoned at least a dozen times, but of course, we lived in San Francisco for awhile and Oakland and Hayward are part of our county. The selection process needs to be improved somehow though. Anyhow, it's kind of interesting to hear how things are like and details of a case.
ReplyDeleteYes Joyce, my first! They asked some funky questions that I had to answer 'yes' to, like whether I had a particular insurance company, so I have a feeling that my affirmative answer will disqualify me.
ReplyDeleteIt was a pretty good week, really.
I'll have to stop over and check out your week in photos. You always have the sweetest weeks. :)
Yay for blogging everyday! That's not always easy to do.
ReplyDeleteAlso, yay for lemon bars! :)
I enjoyed your post. Hope you'll stop by mine when you get a moment!
Sounds like an exciting week! Have fu at kohl's...I love that place, rarely buy but love to look! Hope the job interviews go well for hubby.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Now, THAT's a good week! Each one of those items deserves a blog post - ha. I'm intrigued by the book, Idiots Guide to Raising Chickens. HUH? What are you up to, girl?
ReplyDeleteI've resurrected my hair straightener in the search for the perfect "longer" hair style. It does help the situation.
Did you lock Lizzie in the truck on purpose?? A new kind of time out? Do tell.
Star, it was fun at Kohl's! I got a coupon for $10 off (a purchase of $10), and ended up buying 2 items on clearance, so I walked out of there with a long-sleeved technical shirt and a knit skirt for . . . $0.32! It's a record!
ReplyDeleteRachel Anne, I don't know what I was doing picking up a book about chickens. It probably came from a random "You know what would be fun? To have chickens" comment. Not at this house, though.
Locking Lizzie in the truck really does deserve its own post.
What an interesting and entertaining post! Thanks for dropping by and yes, it has been pretty neat to live in the same house for 29 years but I'm about ready to downsize to a cottage. :o) Hubby's not, so we'll be here for the duration likely. Blessings for a great week-end!
ReplyDeleteWow - what a busy week! It's amazing how things add up when we put them in a list, eh? I'm also envious at how you got a whole bunch of things for under $7!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog, and have a great weekend :)
I like the way you listed your week's happenings. I might try that. Fun reading what other Company Girls are up to. Most of life seems to be lived in the mundane between grocery shopping and the bathroom mirror--but, oh, the lessons we learn there.
ReplyDeleteWhat a week! Thanks for stopping by! I'm curious about the locking your daughter in the truck story. I've done that with my two. And my daughter now tells the story very dramatically while I hang my head in shame...
ReplyDelete