Monday, October 18, 2010

Another Monday, Another Plan

Last week started with a handful of good intentions, but they got away from me, and, well, yeah.

It was not a bad week, it was just not one that felt very much under control. As though I have ever wrestled my weeks into submission.

I want to go to bed at a reasonable hour, so I can get up and have my quiet time before the quiet dissipates.

I want to exercise at least twice this week. Baby steps.

I want to prepare meals in advance so dinner is a pleasant time, instead of stressful.

Black beans are soaking, for Black Bean Soup from the Joy of Cooking. My mom had a ham hock that she threw in the freezer, then offered to me. I said I'd figure out something to do with it. Now it's been in my freezer for a week. Someone has to put it out of its misery.

A couple days ago I told my neighbor, who just had surgery for her broken arm, that I would bring her and her husband a meal this week. I have a feeling it will probably be the soup (if it comes out well enough to share), or maybe chili. Because who doesn't love chili?


The plan is as follows:

Black Bean Soup, Jiffy corn muffins
Spaghetti and veggies
Red Cabbage and Kielbasa
Chili, rice
Chicken Cacciatore, pasta
Baked Potato Soup, grilled cheese
And leftovers galore!

I also bought 2 pie pumpkins at Walmart yesterday, with plans to gut them, cook them, and make something delicious, then freeze what's left. I made some fabulous waffles (page 6, "fruity waffles") last week using freezer burnt pureed butternut squash baby food. You never would have known it was not pumpkin. I have grand plans to make pumpkin waffles throughout the winter, and a pumpkin spice latte knock-off a time or two!

I'm linking with I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday again today!

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I can totally relate to Monday plans with good intentions only to end up at Sunday again, wondering where the week has gone!

    Meal plan, check!
    Weekly shopping (with HUGE coupon savings), check!
    Kitchen clean, check!
    Laundry buzzing along, check!

    I am hoping to stay home and get some serious work done around here tomorrow. No errands, no phone calls, just some good ol' fashioned housework! :)

    Have a great week!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever put the ham hock out of its misery? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, it sounds like you're on a roll!

    Meg, yep, it's serving its final purpose in the bean soup. Which tastes a lot like ... just beans. But it's good.

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)