Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nap Times? Ha!

Maybe I can blame it on the time change.  Naps have been a wash this week.  I don't know what to tell you; this week hasn't gone quite like normal.  One thing I can tell you is that I got to take a nap once or twice during the kiddo's nap time.  On those days, it was life-changing, truly.

So while I had dreamed of trying new recipes, recording memories, and composing gorgeous prose to share with the world, it just didn't happen.  However, I have enjoyed fellowship with dear friends, I have put together the same 2 wooden puzzles more times than I can count, fed and clothed the family, and paid all our bills. 

I now have something new to fill my nap times:  This week I have gotten to start working on an office project for my mom, who is very close to being moderately famous and will need an underling to handle paperwork odds and ends while she does the creative business of writing.  That will be a new adventure, working a few hours a week, more or less, while balancing housekeeping and entertaining a highly social toddler.

I leave you with this, my best quote of the day:  "Lizzie, take the electrical plug out of your ear."

Maybe your nap times were productive, exceedingly abundantly beyond what I was able to accomplish.  Would you like to tell about it?  Link up below!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that naps haven't been good. We got a good amount in this week, but only because it's been gloomy, Melody is not well, and we got some teething going on. =( Next week is a new week! Good luck with your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)