Today during nap time I am sitting with a huge bottle of water, ignoring the dryer that just stopped spinning, and imagining. Some of these imaginings are about things I want to have, and things I want to do, and some of them are kind of silly. But what's the point of imagining if you don't throw in some silly?

One day I hope to ...
Plant a real Square Foot Garden this coming spring;
Which means I hope to create a plan, with a month-by-month schedule before the end of the year.
Use my sewing machine that sits forlornly in the corner right next to my computer.
Wean this child before she's 4;
And immediately buy myself something to wear under my shirts that doesn't have the prefix "nursing".
Have a back porch. Or a front porch. Or at least a pleasant place to sit outside.
Have space between my back porch and the neighbors.
Have neighbors that I don't worry will rent to someone who later gets picked up by the U. S. Marshals. (It really happened.) Or rat on each other to the cops when they're mad, saying they have cocaine. And they do. (It really happened.) Or let their dogs harass us and defecate in our own front yard. (It really happens.)
Hang pictures on the wall.
Have something on the wall that qualifies as art.
Run a 5K. And then maybe something more.
Get a good hair cut, and maintain it.
Get a motorcycle license.
Visit Costa Rica.
Visit China.
Visit New York City.
Print and create a workable way to store our photos.
Finish Lizzie's baby book before I have another baby.
Learn how to use a fancy still camera.
Play the piano every day, like I used to.
Learn to make a custard.
Learn to make a souffle.
Order Beef Wellington at a restaurant once, just to see why Chef Ramsay is so obsessed with it.
Learn to make a good cocktail.
Have a deep freezer, to be stocked with dinners, soups, meats, and produce from our garden.
Understand Mandarin Chinese. Maybe even write it. Maybe even speak it.
Learn as many recipes as I can from Sam's mom.
Write a book that encourages women in some form or fashion.
Write a cookbook. Maybe with recipes from Sam's mom. And a custard. And a good cocktail.
Write more recipes on this blog. I have more pictures ready to go, they just haven't gone up yet.
Get a college degree from an accredited school that is still in existence. Maybe in marketing.
What do you want in your future?
Or what did you do during a nap time this week?
Great list! I'll have to look into SFG. All I do right now is water the plants but I think there's probably more to gardening than that.
ReplyDeleteI'm so there with you on the weaning!! I'm throwing a party when I throw the boppy out. =p
I want a front porch too!! Almost all our neighbors have front porches. The previous owners redid the entire house so no front porch for us. We do have a sunroom though and that's really nice. But oh boy with those neighbors of yours.
No wall hangings over here either. We'll wait until the children stop throwing things in our house. =p
I'm trying for a 5k in 2011!!
Not sure how to maintain my crazy hair that I always try to grow out to donate.
Next to my management classes, marketing was my favorite. No idea why I have a finance degree.
Joyce, me and you can have a Boppy Burning! And then we'll run a 5K together! And watch each other's kids while we decorate our homes, get professional haircuts and take classes for our personal enrichment!
ReplyDeleteConversations like this make me wish even more that we didn't live on opposite sides of the country!
Seriously!
ReplyDeleteAnd after all of that, we'll have to enjoy a cup while sitting on our porch!!