I'm giving this menu plan thing a try.
Actually, I plan my meals every week, sometimes more than a week in advance. But this time I am linking up on the world wide web, so now if anyone is interested in seeing what we're eating, well, here is your chance.
Monday (today) - spaghetti.
Tuesday - pot pie with the leftover veggies, broth, and chicken that I roasted on Saturday.
Wednesday - beef roast, either in the crock pot, or in a beef burgundy sort of way. Not sure yet. I guess I should figure that out before I go to the store, shouldn't I?
Thursday - chicken divan
Friday - shrimp & sausage gumbo (I have frozen shrimp, and frozen gumbo veggies. I imagine this shouldn't be too hard to pull off)
Saturday - pork chops, and/or leftovers
Sunday - BLTs and/or leftovers
Lunches - leftovers, mac & cheese, sandwiches, whatever-we-can-find-in-the-fridge-that's-edible
Breakfasts - eggs, pancakes (blueberry!), oatmeal
I don't have any links for my recipes, but one day I will.
I have a few WIC coupons for milk that I need to use this trip, so we will have a LOT of milk all at once. I'm new to the whole WIC thing, so I forgot them when I went to the stores, and now I have to buy 3 gallons of milk at once. I'm thinking about making a lot of pudding, and maybe even yogurt. But I will definitely freeze some of it.
If you have ever frozen milk, do you do anything special so it doesn't explode when it expands?
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
6 months ago
I always have my menu plan but only link up if there's a giveaway. =p Not sure my menus are that interesting anyhow.
ReplyDeleteFor the milk I think you might want to just make sure the container is not full? No clue. We go through milk way to fast around here for me to find out about freezing. I think when E switches to 2% we'll drink 3 gallons a week!