Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blogger? Wordpress?

Who uses what system, and what do you like about it?

I am considering moving over to Wordpress.

Because I am trying to make my blog look professional and lovely and be something you want to follow.

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. We tried blogger and wordpress before we settled with wordpress. I guess both have their pros and cons. I can't remember but I think I found blogspot harder to customize. Wordpress has a lot of new "themes" that have great drop-down menus and fancy stuff like that. I'm not ready for a change yet, so we're sticking with our basic one. There's poll features. Not sure what blogger has now, but it seems to work better if you want to put in lots of photos from your picasa account, but you can always link it like I do. It just takes more time.

    These might be helpful:
    http://pulsed.blogspot.com/2007/07/blogger-wordpress-chart.html
    http://www.searchforblogging.com/wordpress/blogging-wars-wordpress-vs-blogger.html
    http://who-is-erin-smith.com/blogger-vs-wordpress/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Joy.... blogger is harder to customize. But... perhaps more simple. I would say, unless you have specific needs (in the way of customization) just stick with blogger. It's not worth the transition to WP unless you really need it. I needed it... I had several goals that were impossible to accomplish through blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the input! Your expertise is appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)