"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Rom 6:23
Daily Light, September 26, AM
When I graduated high school, the parents of one of my friends gave me a leatherbound copy of The Daily Light. In the (gasp) 12 years since then, I have at least glanced at it most days. To be sure of that, I keep it open, in the bathroom. The humidity has bubbled the pages, but I sort of like it that way. I would rather it seem a little worse for wear than be pristine because it was on a shelf.
I glanced at the morning devotion, the verse above struck me. Since I thought it would be a fairly busy day, I tried to make the most of the quick visit to the little bathroom.
Wages. Something that is earned. When I try to earn anything, all I will reap will be death.
Gift. Something given. Something received. Something not earned.
The gift of God is salvation, forgiveness, wholeness. The gift of God is eternal life. Life! Unending, unquantifiable, full, spiritual life.
But when I receive the gift of God, that is, draw on the life He provides through the Spirit, what I will reap is life.
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)