
Apparently I get bursts of energy after 9:30 PM. That's usually when I decide to start in on a project that I had no interest in earlier in the day, or when I decide "I need to make cookies!" (though I haven't given in to that one ... yet).
Last night at about a quarter to 10, I decided it was time to clean the bathroom. So I went at it, and cleaned our little master bath (not the tub, though).
I felt pretty proud of myself. But I still had a little left in me, so then I tackled the room at the end of the hallway. Up till this week it has been the guest room, which has actually functioned as the room where all things that don't have a home find a temporary home. It was also where we'd been keeping the office materials for BWAB, which were just dropped off in TX last month. We'd been working on much of it bit by bit for a few days, but there was still quite a bit of sorting, weeding out, and redistributing the junk to be done.
All of this cleaning was really in preparation for the crib and dresser/changing table that a couple was scheduled to deliver this morning. It had to be acceptable for them to come in and use the restroom if necessary, plus there needed to be room for the new furniture to go, and ideally be set up. This explains my compulsion to get it done "right now."
I proceeded to clear all but my "craft stuff" which is a conglomeration of my sewing machine, yarn, fabric that has yet to become curtains, leftover wedding decorations, and a few bags of odds and ends. And they are contained in one small area on and under a desk that will be moved into the office after the larger desk that I don't use gets picked up or sold or burned or whatever needs to happen to it.
While I was at it, the closet in the guest room/nursery has been straightened up: old clothes that we haven't worn in over a year have been bagged up for donating or thrown into the backs of our own closet, and my missing 4 sets of good china have been rediscovered!
This morning the crib and dresser/changer were dropped off, but due to a misunderstanding, we are not sure we will keep them. We believed we got both for one price, but they believed they were clear in saying that they were selling them for that price each. So we're willing to split the difference, but we have yet to find out whether they will accept our barter. We might have to start over again in the baby furniture department.
Regardless of what happens, we do have a nice, clean guest room/nursery now. And you are more than welcome to use the bathroom.
Next time you get that sudden burst of energy...please run right over to my house!!! I'm glad you got the nursery clean. Doesn't it feel great to have that ready (for furniture and) for the baby!
ReplyDeleteA woman after my own heart!
ReplyDelete:-)
Congratulations on your accomplishments, Cindy! Well, done. And thank you for stopping to visit my blog.
ReplyDeleteI want some of your cleaning energy! That is awesome!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I reposted the link for you!
http://ultimatepilatesworkouts.com/
I remember when I was pregnant with my first we did not have a crib until I was seven months pregnant. And apparently everyone else in my town was buying cribs too b/c we could not find one ANYWHERE! I remember getting in the car and sobbing that "our baby isn't gonna have a bed. What kind of parents does that make us and he's not even here yet!" It's comical now, but I don't know how my hubby managed to make it through with psycho hormone lady at his side. Hope you get your crib issues resolved.
ReplyDeleteOh...for that kind of energy! I sure hope you get your baby furniture...I remember when we got our crib...my hubby put it up and down 3 times! before she was born!
ReplyDeleteOh yes I used to get those bursts of energy at night. Three kids later the only burst I get at 9:30pm is to jump into bed.
ReplyDeleteHappy cleaning and organizing. Sounds like you may be nesting.
I go on little cleaning spurts like that, too. They are often the most productive times!!
ReplyDelete