He who is full loathes honey,
but to the hungry even what is bitter tastes sweet.
A true proverb, I believe, is one that means something in a very literal sense, but also means something in a deeper, spiritual sense.
It wouldn't be surprising if Jesus had used this proverb at some point in relation to those who were righteous in their own eyes, compared to those who knew they were sinners. Even the hard truth of the Gospel is sweet to one who needs it.
I hope that I will never find myself so "full" that I can't even receive the benefit of the sweetness that God offers. I also hope that I will be one of those who is blessed because I am hungry, so that I can be satisfied.
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)