Friday, January 23, 2009

Unpacked!

I just unpacked our last box! It's about time, since we've been in this house since April '07!

In the below post, I mentioned that I'd found the missing china settings; it is only appropriate that I get them out of their boxes and display them as they ought to be. Oddly enough, there are a couple of pieces missing, and they have to be somewhere in our house.... or maybe they were mixed up with Christina's when we combined them for a shower a few years ago. Who knows; it's not like I've used them and need to have all the pieces any time soon.

This was my grand accomplishment for the day; setting up that last shelf with our pretty dishes. There is also a tea/coffee set on the bottom of the picture given to me by my grandmother. It's almost worth getting out the windex and cleaning the glass. .... It's a nice thought. Maybe after 9 PM tonight. :)

I do have to confess that there are 4 more boxes still, but they are full of photos, and that is where they live; they're not going to come out any time soon, so they totally don't count.

Once the crib saga has been resolved, if we do get to keep the furniture, I'll post a picture of it in the room. If not, then I'll wait until I get the furniture that we'll keep.

1 comment:

  1. The china cabinet looks great! I was squinting to try and see the pattern on the dishes. What a good feeling to get something done that's been sitting there for awhile.

    I had to laugh at your previous post about getting a burst of energy at 9:30 pm. You got a lot done, girl! But I guess you just gotta go with the energy when you get it, because the next day you could be flat on your back. Hope you're feeling good these days :)!

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)