Jessa wants to go outside, but she was just out an hour ago, and can't possibly need to go out again. She will go to my parents' house whenever we make our run to the hospital. We will probably take her tonight or tomorrow anyways, just because we know we will need to take her soon enough, and it will be so much simpler if she's already dropped off, than to make a stop "on the way".
As the official update, at my appointment yesterday I was 1.5 cm dilated (which is an improvement), still only about half-way effaced, but her head had moved down yet another cm to be at -1 station. So in 4 days I had made some progress, thank the Lord! While they were in there, they stripped my membranes, which did get me going with some more frequent, but still not painful, contractions and a little bit of minor spotting. I've taken to commanding my cervix to soften in Jesus' name, because if anybody can do anything about it, He can.
Barring a trip to the hospital this weekend, Monday at 5 AM, I have instructions to call Labor & Delivery and come in for an induction at 6 (or whenever they say they'll have room for me). Our bags are packed and they are actually already in the truck, with the installed car seat. Along with the case of Gatorade that I got at Costco a couple of days ago and never bothered to get out of the truck.
Supposedly the same thing that the moon does to the oceans when it's full, it also does to a woman's bag of waters when they're ready to go into labor, so perhaps this Sunday, which happens to be a full moon, we'll see some action. Either way, we will be holding our little girl by the end of Monday. I can't think of a better way to start the summer!
Just for fun, here are a couple pictures of Sam and I as babies, which I just received and/or scanned:

Cute pictures! I hope the baby comes on its own soon. I didn't dilate either, but hopefully your baby will decide it's time!
ReplyDeleteMy coworkers were wondering why I was laughing - how do you explain to them about the softening cervix in Jesus' name? They already think their Christian office mate is a bit odd!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting (and I'm sure frustrating!) to be so close (and yet so far). "Wait" must be the single most disliked word in any language. May your labor and delivery be short and sweet, and your daughter healthy.
At church everyone was telling me about this nearby pizza place that makes pregnant women go into labor. It's the spicy pizza that does it...or I think anything spicy will do it...I just read that only 10-15% of women have their water break before labor. Both times I didn't have my water break, and really I only know of one person whose water broke before her contractions came on. I think it must be a media thing because we see it on TV all the time...lots of "myths" out there about pregnancy, labor and delivery.
ReplyDeleteWell, anyhow, I can't wait to see the little one whenever she's ready to show herself to the world.
Well, it's got to be nice to know that by the end of Monday, you will be holding your precious baby! However it happens, it will be wonderful. My water had to be broken on all of my labors...that membrane was TOUGH! And then they went fast after that.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see our newest Company Girl!!
You guys are adorable! I was induced once and it was the longest labor of all of them. Usually, once they stripped my membranes that did it. My water only broke once out of five kids before going to the hospital. The rest of the time it broke during pushing. Funny how labor is different with all of us. I'll be praying for you this weekend and Monday. Can't wait to see a picture of that new baby of yours! :)
ReplyDelete-Melissa
Wow, I'm just reading this (monday morn) and realizing that this is your big day...if it hasn't already happened....God Bless You and your hubby at this miraculous time!
ReplyDelete