It's raining outside today. And it rained yesterday.And it will rain tomorrow. The dogs are not happy about it, and neither are we, since we have to take them out in the rain and wipe them off when they come back in. I know, having been in a drought for the last many, many months has spoiled us from having to deal with it being wet outside.
I think Oreos should definitely be named a necessary food group.
Sam is watching U-571 across the room.
I just discovered that there was a spaghetti sauce splatter on the 'o' and the '.' on my keyboard. While I wiped it off, it said ooooooooooooooooooooo........................
We used coupons for a free bagel at Einstein Bro's again today; yay for free delicious breakfast!
We're trying to teach Lady not to bother us at the table while we're eating (or doing anything else for that matter). It's a battle of our wills and our patience.
You're probably going to think I'm really dumb after reading my random thoughts.
Sam just called Lady, so she jumped over the back of the couch because it was easier to go over it than to go around it, apparently. We laugh at her too often when we need to correct her. She's hilarious and cute, even when she's less than obedient. We'll be hopeless when we have a little girl. Sam especially.
I was really good yesterday and had a great workout, but I had slept funny on my right arm or shoulder, and the exercise must have aggravated it. I'm feeling it today.
Home group tonight... We've been given the homework of reading Ecclesiastes and talking about it tonight. It may have been sort of an odd choice, but I think it's pretty good for a group of young adults (we're mainly in the 20-40 range, so I guess now we're just adults?) to read and look at the wisdom in it. And sort out what is "meaningless".
Now Lady is fixated on a squirrel on the back deck. She and Max are stalking it through the window. I swear they were separated at birth - either this cat it part greyhound, or this dog is part Siamese.
I've spent far too much time on the computer the last few days so I need to find something else to do when I'm trying to take it easy. Sitting doesn't help my fat ankles or my back.
Next week my mom and I are going to tackle the front yard, and plant some low-maintenance plants to sort of beautify the front of the house. Since I can't bring flowers into the house without their being chewed up and regurgitated by our favorite cats, I want to try to have flowers outside where I can see them when I go out the front door. We'll see if I actually get around to planting them and if they survive very long. But hey, it's a nice thought.
Your random thoughts are very entertaining--especially the ones about the pets. I'm studying Ecclesiastes, too! Just finished this morning, actually. Your dogwood pic is beautiful. I hope the rain stops soon, but not too soon because of your drought. Thanks for the coffee! Take care of that baby, and you, too. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post...we also have a dog that hates the rain...in fact he growls if you make him go out in it! Hope things go well in your gardening....at least the rain should soften the soil!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting this morning. We had great weather and then over the weekend there was a strange wind that came through, but today is super hot. Where are you located? btw, we are Chinese...almost 100%. hehe
ReplyDeleteJust wait until the first ime your sweet baby girl jumps over the back of the couch because it's faster! I'm surprised ours hasn't broken down yet. And we DO stop the boys when we see them do it, but for some reason they have it in their minds that an occassional jump is okay. Hope you find lots of beautiful plants to brighten up your yard.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend. The baby will be here before you know it, and those dogs will be in shock. What fun!
ReplyDeleteI'll sign a petition for the Oreos thing...just let me know when you're ready. :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed walking in the rain through your blog! Miscellaneous thoughts can be a wonderful thing!
ReplyDeleteJust read through Ecclesiastes...the study notes in my bible translated the world 'meaningless' as 'fleeting'. Not a popular train of thought, but it sure makes more sense to me! Just thought I would share...
Bless you!
Susan
I liked reading your random thoughts. :)
ReplyDeleteDave and I love watching our dogs, too. I totally understand why you find it so fun!
It's been raining tons here, too. I am very very very very tired of rain.
Oh by the way, I read Company Girls a little late this week, in case you didn't notice. :)