Deep calls to deep.
Sometimes I realize there is a hunger in me that I have ignored or suppressed. It happens when my spirit is stirred, and somehow the Spirit penetrates beyond the surface and exposes that deep hunger in my spirit to touch the depths of God.
'Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.'
I can't make myself hungry, but I can be aware of the things I do or try to do that distract me from the hunger and thirst for the reality of the eternal life of God, and I can choose to press in to Him, rather than be pacified by something that doesn't fulfill.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
Once the depths of my spirit are tapped by the Spirit of God, how do I respond in such a way that the deep waters there begin to flow upward and outward, as Jesus said?
'Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.'
'Indeed the water I give him will be come in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.'
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
6 months ago
What a thought-provoking, yet beautiful post. I think when we begin to feed that hunger, we realize just HOW hungry we really were/are. For me, it generates a new commitment for spiritual growth. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI see you're getting very close - keep us posted over at Home Sanctuary!
Thanks for the post. I think we are sometimes too focus on the things of this world and the still small voice of God can't be heard. Yet I'm sure we don't want to hear the loud booming voice of God when it's too late...for whatever it may be that He wanted to tell us. Thanks for the great reminder to not ignore the hunger. Good luck with the remaining 28 days! I think I'm almost there already...
ReplyDeleteThis stirred my spirit. Oh how I hunger for God and so often tend to ignore it or push it to the side for "later" and of course later never comes...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder.