
Well, it's not morning anymore, but coffee sure would be nice around now. I'm drinking lemonade (the mix kind, though), so if you'd like some of that, I can mix up some for you, too. While you're here, take a gander at the booty I brought home the other day for my baby's room (the post below).
It's quite calm here this afternoon. Sam is napping, the old dog is also napping, and the young dog won't nap, so she is rearranging the back yard, disassembling the stack of firewood, piece by piece, from the back porch into the lawn. I think she believes it's her current mission. There are worse things she could be doing, so we don't see it as a real problem. All dogs need a job, right? This is hers. The cats are alternately napping and exploring quietly.
The first day of spring is actually very much like spring. It's probably close to 70 F out there, and sunny, and there's a nice little breeze coming through. We took Lady for a walk before lunch, which we all needed. Sam needed some physical exercise to help him get back to his workout routine after over a week of being sick. I needed to get my circulation going, so maybe my foot won't swell so badly today. Lady needed to expend some energy somewhere.
The rest of the afternoon I plan to get a little bit of housework accomplished (not much, just enough to keep me slightly ahead of the game), then mix up some cupcakes for home group tonight.
I'm excited to be going to home group again; we'd taken a hiatus back before Christmas, and it took our group a while to reconvene. This is the first night we'll be getting together formally, and we have no plan as of yet, but that's fine, because the Holy Spirit has a plan.
Tomorrow I'm off to a baby shower for a friend's baby girl, who is due about 3 weeks before I am. I picked up a pack of diapers and a couple of onsies for her - one says "Does this diaper make my butt look big?" and I couldn't resist buying it! I need to wrap all that stuff up today so I don't make us late in the morning. It's going to be about an hour's drive to get there, so I'm not excited about the distance, but I am looking forward to the company on the drive.
I'm getting hungry again; I think it's time to make cupcakes.... The sooner I make them, the sooner I can sneak one. :)
mmm... cupcakes sound good! I looked at your baby booty below - you got some great stuff! Some of my favorite things!
ReplyDeleteI saw your baby counter below. You are getting into the home stretch, safe zone, So exciting. What wonderful days!!!
ReplyDeleteOh please eat a cupcake for me. I love cupcakes, and I've given sweets up for Lent.
WOW! You've been a super shopper! Looks like you got a lot of great deals! I remember when my first was due I repacked his bag every night (no kidding) because I just wasn't sure what I wanted him to wear home. It drove my husband nuts.
ReplyDeleteWe baked cookies last night. We baked three dozen, but ate one dozen as soon as they came out of the oven. So now there are only two left. Those will probably be gone by tonight.
Thanks for the lemonade.
What a great baby stash!! It won't be long before you're using all of those goodies. It's amazing how much things have changed in the 15 years since I've had a baby. Have a great weekend - thanks for the lemonade - it hit the spot on this sunny first day of spring!
ReplyDeletelol on the caption on the onesie. haha cupcakes.....don't tempt me. =p
ReplyDeletei started the 'our week in photos' to document our week because really when we print out all of our photos, it's too much and no one looks at them. and same goes for keeping it in the comp, so i just picked out highlights from our week, edit, and upload. and doing it each week keeps me from been bombarded by thousands of photos to sort through at the end of the year.
have fun at the shower.
Thanks so much for stopping by at my blog! I loved reading about your day and your animals...our beagle boys think it's their mission to chew everything in the backyard. Perhaps we should get them a wood pile, too!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your cupcake and one for me, too. Wait, if it's chocolate, I'll eat mine! :)
Sounds like a good day to me! I'll have some lemonade if there is any left over. It's cloudy here, but warm enough that the kids are playing in the back yard. I love Saturdays. :)
ReplyDeleteTake it easy and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
-Melissa
I'm finally making the rounds!
ReplyDeleteMaybe I need to get Booger a wood pile. She's in that puppy chewing stage.
That's great on the baby stuff! You're in the homestretch now. It's amazing how fast the last trimester goes.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Got any cupcakes left?
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about baking cookies tonight, but I ran out of ambition.
The stash of baby stuff is fantastic. Your mother must have trained you to be a good shopper.:)
Looks like you got a lot of great deals! I can't believe all the new products that come out every day. My youngest is now five and I'm amazed at the things that weren't yet available while he was a baby. Thanks for the lemonade! Very refreshing.
ReplyDelete