The picture below shows what we bought for a grand total of $108!
The most expensive thing we purchased was the toddler-sized set of yellow loveseat and chair. They were a whole $25. Sam saw them immediately after we made our initial ($42) purchase and were loading up the car. He said, "Hey, you have to see these cute little chairs...." The next thing we knew, we had another $66 worth of stuff and went through the checkout line again!
We could barely fit all this loot into the back seat and trunk of my car - and my car has a lot of space! It took Sam and I and a guy who worked there to engineer it into allowing the doors to close.
We brought home:
A loveseat/chair set (fairly good condition - I might try to find a way to clean it, or cover it again with additional fabric. The cats love it, though.)
A Boppy pillow
A bouncy seat (with vibration and music, and it works!)
A bath tub and little hammock to fit in it - but the hammock wasn't made for that tub, so I picked up a different one at another sale the following weekend.
A mirror to see a rear-facing carseat from the front seat.
A "mail cart" push toy/walker for when she's older. Steph's boy loves his, so I was happy to find one for just a couple of dollars.
A shopping-cart cover (that colorful thing in the middle)
An exersaucer
A Baby Bjorn (for only $4!)
A Snuggli (picked up a 2nd carrier for another prego friend)
A (working!) swing
A lamp (works!)
5 books (2 for me, 3 for baby)
9 onsies
8 hats (Sam went crazy picking out hats; he has a very low resistance to cute)
2 sizes of neck wings (for neck support in car seat, swing, etc.)
Last weekend I hit another sale, where I spent only $32, and bought 24 items - basically as much as I could physically carry, because I forgot to bring a laundry basket or a bag or anything to tote my loot along with me. Half of it was maternity clothing for me, and the other half was clothing for her. I picked up a couple baggies of toys, and a couple of books as well. The most expensive thing I bought was a little blue dress for her, for a whopping $2.50!
At first we were not going to buy any baby things until after the shower, but we realized that it will be better to purchase some things inexpensively, to be able to take the less urgent or less important things off our registry, so that it may be more likely for people to go together on our big items (car seat and stroller, and play pen/bassinette especially).
Earlier this week I washed all the baby clothes that I'd bought and been given so far - it took me 3 loads (one was purely pink) to wash them all! I also washed everything removable from the seats, swings, etc., that could be washed. Now they are all put away, sorted into sizes in my little Ikea boxes.
And I still have 2 weeks 'till my shower!
Toddler size furniture is such fun. My grandfather was an upholsterer, and for my first birthday gave me a little bright coral armchair of my own. I loved that thing - enough so that 49 years later, it sits in my living room!
ReplyDeleteMay God bless the last weeks of your pregnancy, and grant you a healthy, sweet little babe who will grow up to know and love Him!