Lizzie is finally at the age of saying funny and cute things. And because I am not organized, this is the closest thing I have to recording them. Facebook is nice for getting immediate feedback on something funny, cute, or frustrating that just happened, and while some marketing company may know everything I've ever said about my child, there's no hope of my ever retrieving something of importance from my status updates.
Yesterday, she learned how to use her step stool.
She calls it her "stool" except she doesn't say "st" she says "f" and she doesn't say her "l" so it sounds more like "foow". I purchased this step stool at one of the consignment sales I went to a couple of weeks ago. It was $3 and it has been one of the fun things in her life lately.
Well, the joy has been multiplied, because she has learned that the Foow can be used to reach things. Like light switches. "On!" "Off!" "Fan!" "On!" "Off!" "Yay!"
When I applauded her brilliance, "Lizzie, you figured it out!" Lizzie ran up to me, beaming. "Tiny!" Tiny is a Pteranodon on the PBS Kids show Dinosaur Train. On occasion, the young Pteranodons conquer a challenge and sing a brief song: "We figured it out, we figured it out! We worked together and figured it out!"
Last night we talked about muscles.
Well, we saw a commercial for some car. Somewhere in it was the word "muscle."
Lizzie turned around and exclaimed to me, "Muscle!" (Musso!) I was surprised that she picked it out. Then she said, "Sid!" Of course. Sid the Science Kid has muscles. We learned about them yesterday.
I'm so glad to know that she relates all episodes of learning to an episode of a television show. I feel like my job as a parent is so well done.
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago
Isn't it so amazing how much they are learning at this time? It's crazy!!
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely going to use blog2print this year to make a book.