Good morning.
Coffee is steeping now. Still using the French Press, since I still haven't resolved the percolator issue. Suits me fine, since it makes better tasting coffee, anyway. :)
It's cloudy, and misting a very fine rain. I have the screen door open, since it's so pretty outside. I wouldn't have noticed it except that I had to go out with Jessa when she begged me to take her at 8:00. Now that I'm up, and Elizabeth is still sleeping, I am taking the opportunity to sit and jot down a quick update. I will try to discipline myself to only taking a few minutes, so I don't squander the time that she is peaceful and quiet and I have 2 hands available.
Wow, I'm looking forward to that cup of coffee. We haven't gone to bed at a decent hour in probably 2 weeks. When you add to that getting up with Elizabeth at least once a night (usually 2-3 times), it makes for a pretty tired momma. But I'm not really complaining, just saying that's how it is right now.
Next Saturday Sam's parents are hosting a reception for his brother, Andy, who got married early last month. It is in Houston. We tried to figure out ways to afford to all go, and to all go sanely, and have someone to take care of all the animals, but what it comes down to is Sam is going to go solo this trip, and the whole family will visit in a couple of months when we can plan it better. We bought his tickets last night. The whole thing will be simpler when E is a couple months older, and Sam's done with school, and we've had our flu shots (I was not looking forward to the idea of going through the airports with a 4 month old who hasn't even gotten a cold yet). So while I hate that two of us won't be able to be there to meet a lot of Sam's family friends, or Andy's new wife, and we (and Sam's parents) won't be able to show off E while we're there, I am kind of relieved, because the whole idea was beginning to really stress me out.
mmm.... coffee's done. :)
Now a quick update on Elizabeth and her milestones:
Oct 8 (yesterday) was her 4 month birthday! It's also a year from the day I went to my dr to confirm that I was indeed pregnant. And the adventure began. :) It's an adventure we don't want again for about another year, but it's been a great one so far.
On the 6th we fed her first meal of solid food: avocado. I know you traditionally start with rice cereal and/or something like peas or squash, but we had avocado, it was ripe, and we felt like giving her a bit. She had it 2 days in a row, and had a great time tasting it, feeling it, and sucking it off her fingers. The first day she was more into it than the second day.
We were just given a Jumper that hangs from the door frame, which will most likely be our favorite toy very soon. Elizabeth loves to jump, and will jump in your arms for as long as your arms hold out. I can't wait to try it out.
She can roll over both ways - front to back, and back to front. It won't be long before she figures out that she can use rolling as a method of transportation. Of course, with all the dogs and their hair all over the floor, it's not very often she gets free rein on the ground to experiment with her rolling. Yeah, we don't vacuum very often.
With her rolling discovery, she has also gotten good at pushing herself up on her hands, as well as scooting. She will move herself forward if she has something to push off against, and really likes to move. I'm afraid she will be crawling in just a few weeks, and walking before she's 8 months old. There doesn't seem to be anything that will stop her.
Speaking of Elizabeth, she is stirring and beginning to talk to herself in her crib, so I will post this now and will begin my day.
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
6 months ago
We were enjoying the autumn weather...for a few days. Yesterday it was 84 again and today it is rainging again, oh well, it was nice while it lasted!
ReplyDeleteThose first months with baby are so fun! They learn so much and just enjoy life to the fullest!
I love the first year; so many firsts. My baby turns one on the 27th.
ReplyDeleteHappy 4 months!! Emily is going to be 5 months next week but only rolled once. She still has her spit up problem so it's hard to have to lay down. She does move a lot when we put her down. She's facing one way and ends up the other really quickly. I wouldn't want to travel with a little one right now. Everyone seems to be getting sick and we like ourselves healthy thank you very much. I'm trying to sleep earlier these days because I've found that I've got a great sleeper (Melody wasn't so much when she was this age), so I need to take advantage of it. We definitely need to discipline ourselves in different ways. Melody's quote: "Mommy one arm". =p
ReplyDeleteOh you are at such a fun stage! I bet you are enjoying every minute of it, despite the lack of sleep. :) You are a wise momma to take advantage of the sleeping hours. Just remember to take time to pamper yourself too! I remember being tempted to get all sorts of things done while my babies slept. Still do, actually. I have two at home that still nap for two hours a day. That's when I work like a crazy woman! :P
ReplyDeleteWell, have a great weekend!
-Melissa
I love that age! They are so much fun... Enjoy it for me since mine are growing up way too fast! LOL
ReplyDelete