Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Coffee: 2 minutes of our life

Coffee time is earlier for me than usual - everybody woke up before they normally do. I've already had breakfast (2 eggs and 2 oatmeal cookies - a very balanced meal, wouldn't you say?), and I'm half way through my first cup of coffee. It's not very hot anymore, so I may have to make more, to warm it up.

Elizabeth is in her Jumper ... not totally happy, but I know she's alright, so her whining is not truly bothering me.

Since Sam is in Houston for Andy's reception tomorrow (yes, for a various number of reasons, he left and I am here with Elizabeth and the zoo), I made this video for him. It's short and kind of cute, and shows what our life is like for a couple of minutes. Basically it's me being entertained by the baby and the animals. Pretty much the story of my life right now.



That's about all I have time or patience for at the moment, but thanks for joining in today!

** edit: after Elizabeth went down for a nap:

It's been kind of wild not having Sam around for the last couple of days. I don't feel like I'm "alone" because I have E with me, so that's nice, even though it's not like she is any help, of course. But I'm not by myself and I'm certainly not bored.

The funny thing is that I feel like I will have opportunity to do a bunch of odd projects that I have been wanting to do for a long time. For example, last night I spent a long time, broken up into 15 minute spurts, filing away all the unemployment and COBRA and Medicaid and current health insurance and dr. appointment and bills/invoices and birthing class papers that had stacked up (on the piano of all places). Yes, and all of those items had gathered in the same piles.
We shall see if I get any other projects done. Or if I at least clean the bathroom or vacuum. At this point, I'd be doing well to unload the dishwasher and clean up the kitchen.

A year ago today I was laid off from work as a customer support rep. I'm so thankful that for the last year I have been able to collect unemployment over the past 12 months while being at home being pregnant and taking care of an infant! God is good!

Home group is tonight. I might invite myself to Steph's a little early tonight. Yesterday Lynn came over and played with E while I cleaned up and "found" the top of my kitchen table and coffee table. On Wednesday night we went to Becky's and watched 'The Proposal' with her and Steph, Amy, Kristi, and Carol - that was great fun. Tuesday we went out for dessert (and I left E with Sam!) to celebrate Rebecca's birthday. I haven't laughed as hard as we laughed those two nights, in a really long time. I really need to laugh more often; it's so much fun.

Tomorrow I have a Pampered Chef party to go to, if Miss E will cooperate. Hopefully I'll stop by my parents' house while I'm in the area and visit with them; they've been out of town since Saturday, getting back today.

4 comments:

  1. My almost two year old went crazy watching the "ruff" and the baby! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy the things that we can get done when the men go away for a few days? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are crazy busy, but managing well. Good to hear you are having fun and laughing a bit in the midst of it all.

    Have a great weekend!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally got so much done with Norm was away for training...it's mostly because he's not hogging the laptop. haha But it's always nice to have someone else change the diapers, and whatnot. =p Love the little snippet of your life. The girls are growing up so fast. If we are ever out your way, we'll definitely have to have them play together. Norm's cousin is out that way.

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)