Friday, September 11, 2009

Maybe now?


Deep breath...

I've finally gotten Elizabeth to take a break from being awake, and she is dozing on the couch. I hope she will sleep for at least another 20 minutes, so that I can jot down my thoughts here while I'm thinking of them.

Yesterday I went out and had coffee with a friend (and Elizabeth). During the course of our conversation, she said she was doing alright, but could be doing better. I could relate, too. In that instant, I felt like asking if she would be interested in doing a Bible study with me. But I didn't ask--I didn't want to put my neck out there and offer, and then not be able to pull it together, or not be able to commit, or not have enough inspiration to keep it from fizzling out. That would make me another person who put forth a gesture to help, but never followed through.

After sleeping on it, and thinking about it for most of the day, and praying about whether it's just me or if it's finally time to actually put down the study that I believe has been given to me, I feel as though there is no reason not to put forth the effort, even if it's not very good, and even if no one sees it for years, and even if it might take me 3 years to get beyond the outline. Wait, come to think of it, it's probably been 3 years since I wrote down the outline. Oops, sorry, God. I'll try to be quicker next time.

So, now that I've mentioned it, I'd better get on it, huh? I don't have any excuse, except that I would sure miss a whole lot of TV and wouldn't waste as much time online. And who needs to do housework? Or take care of a baby? Well, we will see how quickly or enthusiastically I can do this, but if God is asking me to put it together, He certainly can help me have the grace to get it done and not let my family suffer for it. After all, what He gave me to work on is all about the Hebrews 11 "faith chapter" and the stories within it. Including "by faith, Cindy managed to set aside idleness and write a Bible study." Lord, help me!


---------

P.S. - If you want to read an update on life in general, the post below, "Three months" is long, but a pretty full overview.

3 comments:

  1. So are you doing it?
    And will you be sharing it here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I am in the same boat as you, it's just that my children are older. (Ages 2-8) God has actually given me multiple Bible Devotions and I know that I am to put them together in a book some day. I just haven't had the faith to put it together and try to get it out there. I keep saying that I'll do it when I don't have an infant...when I don't have a toddler...when all my kids are in school...etc...etc...etc...

    You inspire me.

    Lord, help us both be strong and courageous and set to the task that you have called us to do.

    Hope you have a great week!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between you and Melissa, we could go for several months doing Company Girl Bible Studies! That would be cool.

    It is so hard to get organized with a baby...I really struggled during those early months. They grew out of it before I got good at it. :)

    I can't wait to see your Study!!

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)