Friday, February 20, 2009

Registering

Today (if we get around to it), we will finally go to Babies 'R' Us and do our in-store baby registry. We have been researching all the big things, and have them pretty well nailed down (stroller, car seat, high chair, bedding, etc.), but for all the little stuff, we are going to wander the store like a couple of deer in headlights with one of those little guns. I'm sure we'll have a blast - as long as I have lunch first.

I've been feeling a tad bit under the weather the last few days, with a runny or stuffy nose, but at least it's nothing worse. I can deal with it.

Anyways, that's the update for the day; check out the 2 posts below, because they're kind of more fun than this one.

Oh, yeah, while we're visiting, I want to ask you ... those of you who are moms, what do you remember having for your babies that were, in your opinion, the greatest thing since sliced bread?

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog.Hmmm... baby stuff. I guess this is your first?? I loved a diaper genie until the diapers got too big and stinky. I would say splurge on the expensive baby bjorn carrier. My babies never wanted to be put down,so they lived in the carrier for a few months, or borrow one and see if your baby likes it. Oh yeah!They also loved the vibrating baby seat that sits on the floor. I don't know proper names anymore. My baby is 4. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boppy is great. My second child did not like to rock or sway, but he loved to bounce. We spent hours bouncing or "rolling" on one of those giant exercise balls. Baby swings and bouncy seats are also great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by....San Antonio is also my favourite Texas place....and being able to go w/o a winter coat for a few days...priceless! Been awhile since I had a babe in arms but my eldest has had 4 in the last 8 yrs....she's always enjoyed those baby slings that you wear ....the babe is quite cosy and close to mom which they love and you still get to use both your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tummy is just too cute! :) My last babies (twins) were born in 1994, so things have probably changed a lot - but at that time, our favorite was a double bouncy seat. It was made out of PVC and had a cloth liner. I fed the babies in it, and could also put it on the dining room table and let them watch the activity around the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the mother of 4 ranging in age from 11 to 1 year, I consider myself knowledgeable in this area. I would say, save your money on the diaper genie...it soon gives way to plastic bags so you can just get'em outside! the Wipes warmer...it just dries 'em out, and while there have been times the moniter came in handy, I wouldn't spend a ton on them because I usually heard the baby without it!

    Now, what would I recommend? I agree with the ladies above about either a sling or the baby bjorn carrier. There are times baby wants to be cuddled and dinner needs to be made and it is so much easier! Loved the bouncy seat and 3 out of 4 of mine loved the swing! The last time around, I got one of the little swaddling blankets that makes it easier to swaddle them tight like they do in the hospital...I loved that but I had a VERY big baby who outgrew it rather quickly.

    Finally, for mom, go check out smartmomjewelry.com They have great jewelry made out of teething ring material so it is safe for baby to chew, which he/she will but still looks really cute!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby stuff! So fun! Wish I could give you some of my stash! I would say that the best thing ever actually came along with my 5th child. It was a vibrating, musical, portable swing. CD loved it, and it went EVERYWHERE with us!

    Have a great weekend!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I've asked that question, but actually coming up with the answer is hard because everyone is different, and every baby is different. If Babies R Us is close to you, I wouldn't register for too many things. You should put an option for giftcards on there, and stock up on diapers...the larger sizes because they grow really fast. I noticed that in general, most babies love those little activity gyms. A Boppy or Brest Friend is useful if you plan to nurse. As it's getting late...I can't think of anything else. Best wishes for the coming 3rd trimester! Hurray for us...we're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm, the greatest thing since sliced bread. The Boppy...the little vibrating bouncy seats...and the lavender scented lotion and soap. That stuff really works, at least it does on my son...come to think of it...it calms me down, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tummy is getting pretty cute, there! Way to go!

    I'd have to say that my favorite things were the swing and a baby carrier. If my babies weren't swinging, they wanted to be held. I love the new slings...I would have wanted one of those. My best friend uses hers all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your input, gals! We wandered the store for about 2 hours, till we were exhausted and about to OD on cuteness. We found the coolest little swing, and I'm researching the baby carriers (maybe will borrow from somebody whose kiddo is too big for theirs) before adding to the registry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We moved south a couple of years ago to get away from snow, but ended up getting caught in 9 inches of snow while visiting family in VA on Monday. It was not my idea of fun, but the grandkids loved it since they usually don't get enough snow to get excited about.

    Hope you enjoy(ed) your trip to Babies R Us! There is sooo much to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Baby Mylicon....gas drops...some days its what it takes and they are safe (says my 45 years in medicene Dr Father) even for newborns!

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)