Friday, February 6, 2009

Girl's Night In

Tonight I should be figuring out what to do for food, since I'm hungry already and have no plan, and picking up a little bit. But I'm not at the moment, obviously.
Fortunately, the housekeeping schedule that I made up a couple of weeks ago has pretty much transformed my domestic life! I have a printed out Excel sheet with a list of everything to be done in a given day, broken down over the whole month. So far the house is cleaner than it has ever been, I believe! There are some things that are consistently skipped over, like sweeping, and putting away clothes, but even those will one day be crossed off.
The greatest comfort of this list is that if I skip something one day, I can either go back and tackle it the next, or just wait for the next time it comes around on the rotation and not sweat it.

Because the house has been in better shape than usual, it's been easy for me to invite a friend to come over and watch a girl movie while Sam will be out this evening. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. That's great!! Good job on keeping up with everything. In a few months, you'll probably have to adjust the schedule. Since Melody was born, it's been never-ending adjustments here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A clean house AND a girls' night. You are blessed! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)