Hi! It's been approximately forever since I've posted. I don't have to explain, since of course, I have a 2 year old, and a 4 month old at home, who sleep on alternating schedules. That's pretty much all I have to say. If you get it, great, and if you don't, this is probably not the blog for you.
So, since I last posted, Karis has gone from being a newborn who barely smiled, to a baby who has a definite personality, grins with her whole being, coughs for attention (yes, really), rolls over in both directions (back to tummy and tummy to back), and actually can scoot a couple of inches along the floor before she gets really really mad. Today she had her 4 month checkup (and shots), and tipped the scale at 13-1/2 lbs and 24-1/2 inches. I'm pretty sure Lizzie was that size when she turned 12 months. Well, Liz only weighs 27 lbs now at nearly 2-1/2 years old. Yeah.
Lizzie, of course, is a daily joy and challenge. She is hilarious. Sam and I used to say "I can't wait until we can reason with her." Little did we know that it works both ways: Now she reasons with us. It kind of scares us that we have to invent new ways of outsmarting her. Do you know what this means? She is smarter than both of us combined. Just today I posted this on Facebook:
I was just watching Lizzie, who was happily playing with her Duplos, and thinking about how good she's being. Without looking at me, she said, "I'm a bossy girl." (Except, she can't say the G, R, or L sounds, so it sounds more like "duwuw"). I didn't quite understand her at first, then she said it again, and added, "I'm bossing you awound." Yep, a bossy girl.
Where do they get this stuff?
She is addicted to watching Wonder Pets on Netflix (much better than Yo Gabba Gabba), a big help with Karis, and full of energy that I wish were transferable.
Sam is working part time still. He was unfortunately laid off from the full time internship in August, so ... that's not so great. There are few options he's looking into, and we're praying one of them works out.
I'm working part time now, too! I started selling Premier Designs Jewelry. I actuallt signed up in June, but didn't do much of anything until September. I really enjoy it, and expect that once I really get this little business rolling, it should really help our monthly cash flow.
Well, it's time to make dinner, and both girls are up. I'll be a better blogger one of these days.
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
6 months ago
Love Wonder Pets. They are too cute. Maybe that's where Lizzie gets "awound" from. =p
ReplyDeleteThe Premier parties are so fun. Haven't gone to one in awhile.
Will keep you guys in my prayers.