It's almost a novelty, drinking coffee in the morning. And when that comes with a bit of quiet, it's even more rare.
Today it is quiet at 9 AM because Sam has already left for work, and Lizzie was up until 11 PM. Of course, that means I was also up long after that, but as long as she stays in bed a little longer, I can deal with it. After all, I have my coffee.
Work is still going well for Sam. He has been working a lot of hours. A whole lot of hours. He's secretly going for a week with enough overtime to double his paycheck before they realize what's going on and tell him to knock it off. He gets to meet a lot of cool people (and a lot of oddballs, but that's what a retail position will give you), and he works in a field that he has a lot of interest in. His interest makes him an excellent salesperson; yesterday he sold over $1200 worth of product and memberships. He came home still stoked about that.
With all the extra hours, it's been a little hard for us to adjust. There are some days that Lizzie barely gets to see Sam. She misses him, but most evenings she is up late enough to see him. I actually had a meltdown a few days ago, and said that I needed him to be home for dinner once this week. Last night we had dinner together for the first time since Sunday. It was great. He helped with Lizzie's bedtime routine, and she climbed and played all over him. Hence, the 11 PM bedtime.
Wednesday morning I had my 16 week appointment, and all is well. Somewhere in the last few weeks I had gotten ahead of myself and really thought I was 17 weeks along. But no, 16 weeks. Baby's heartbeat is swooshing along nicely, and I'm finally starting to actually look pregnant, not just have a little pooch. (I recently found that I can't tie my robe unless it goes either above or below the belly.) We scheduled the 20 week ultrasound appointment 4 weeks out, and we'll find out what we're having! I have a feeling that will be when it all really kicks in and starts to be very real. And between now and then I'll be feeling the baby more, so I'll have a more constant reminder. Aside from the general fatigue and loose joints and occasional lightheadedness.
Lizzie is hilarious as always. She pulls words out of conversation and repeats them often. She's saying about 3-4 new words every day. Even while fighting a nasty head cold! In fact, "boogers" is one of her words. Yes, I taught my little girl how to say boogers. And poop. But hey, they're very useful.
One word that I taught Lizzie to say, purely for my own amusement, is "wonderful." I've been curious what she thinks is "won-doe-doe." For the record, everyone in the family--Daddy, Mama, Zizzie (Lizzie), Yay-yee (Lady, the dog), Max, and Leo (there are no phonetic transliterations for the way she says the cats' names)--are all wonderful. Her Duplos, some foods (particularly blueberries and eggs), and Barney, are also wonderful.
So that's all the "stuff" of life these days. My heart has been trying to be heard again lately. It had been sort of stifled for a while, I think. There's something about being physically sick that makes it hard for me to make a priority of anything spiritual. That is, anything beyond, "Oh, God, help," which I do believe is a perfectly valid prayer. Having time in the mornings again has helped me not feel like I'm starting every day behind, and has allowed me to have a quiet time about half the time. Today, I admit, I got on the computer first. I still haven't had a bona fide quiet time, but I will.
Well, I think I've written about all I needed to, and the girl is STILL quiet in her bed. Now for that quiet time.... And Second Breakfast.
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
6 months ago
"Having time in the mornings again has helped me not feel like I'm starting every day behind," I hate feeling behind when I put my feet on the floor...a hard way to start the day. And so, yes..I can relate to this, too: "but as long as she stays in bed a little longer, I can deal with it. After all, I have my coffee." And so I am glad that today is not a day like that for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting time. Your description of pregnancy & anticipation revives those memories for me. Wonderful thoughts. Good for you to ask your hubby for what you need. It sounds tough to have a family life in the middle of a retail schedule. Being creative...having dinner late...is good. It is good to have family time even though your routine will look different than some around you.
I'm excited for you to feel the baby move!! Have a great weekend.
Busy, and wonderful in your corner of the world! So glad your feeling better!(ILOVED feeling the baby move, one of my favorite parts of pregnacy)
ReplyDeleteBlessings
I love waking up before everyone else. Even if I get less sleep, I feel a lot better having done some important things that would never get done if I was more well rested.
ReplyDeleteGlad things are going well for Sam. Bummer on the long hours. I'm upset when hubby doesn't come home earlier for dinner. Melody is sad when she doesn't wake up to say goodbye to him.
Okay, too funny! Emily just started saying booger too! And blueberries and eggs are wonderful here too!!!
I saw that you liked Inspired to Action. =) We might have to keep each other accountable.
Girls are about to wake from nap.
God reads hearts, you know, even when they feel stifled =^) Glad to know you are starting to find those pockets of time with Him. And what is a "bona fide" QT anyway? Simply time with Him, in the Word a bit and in prayer a bit - whenever you can. There's no one right way - and the only wrong way is not to have any at all. I'm up very, very early - I'll pray for you then, Cindy!
ReplyDeleteawwww....how cute that she is saying all those new words. My niece is just starting to talk and i'm pretty sure everything that comes out of these babies mouths is ADORABLE!
ReplyDelete