And I just found this link, which leads to a "Read the Whole Bible in 2010" passage all lined up for you, so maybe I'll start that. Sure, we're 3 months in, but there's never a better time to start than now, right? And I am glad to have found it, because I need somewhere else to focus for a few minutes.
So why did the day start so early? Well, the good news is that Lizzie slept from about 7:30 PM until 5:30 AM. That was wonderful. And she is still asleep, and it's a little after 8 AM now.
The not so good news is that from the time I woke up with Lizzie, Jessa (the 14 year old, mostly blind, mostly lame, completely deaf Lab I've had since I was 15) needed to go outside. There was an urgency, because yesterday she left an unwelcome deposit on the carpet, which Sam cleaned up. This morning, by the time I put Lizzie back in bed, and disarmed the alarm, Jessa was already squatting. So between 6 and 7 AM, she was outside while I scrubbed the carpet with a half-functioning SpotBot. (The SpotBot, by the way, is probably one of the best $120 investments we've ever made, even if the only part of it that works anymore is the manual hose attachment.) And then after I cleaned the carpet, I had to scrub the dog's behind. If it's not one dirty behind, it's another, right?
We had already decided after yesterday's floor fiasco that we're on a 3-strikes-and-you're-out policy as it relates to Jessa. Well, that's 2.
OK, on to other things, because this has been somewhat depressing.
Last night, before watching the baby episode of The Office (which made both Sam and I laugh quite hard, and remember how tiny Elizabeth was when she was born), I got on the treadmill. I've been working through (sort of) the "Couch to 5K" program, and have gotten through week 3. I did week 4's first day, which involves 2 intervals of jogging for half a mile. I am pleased to say that I did it! Granted, it was a slow jog, but I sure did it!
Then we were up pretty late, working and talking through some stresses that we both were feeling. Like until nearly 1 AM. So, we haven't had much sleep. I think I'll take a nap sometime today.
Sam is getting Lizzie up now; she just started stirring, and since he's going to leave in a few minutes, this is his opportunity to spend a little time with her before this evening. I convinced him to change her diaper, too. He's a good daddy.
Oh, and I just heard her say "Mama" through the monitor! I don't know if she's actually saying "Mama" so much as saying what she always does when she gets her diaper changed. And puts Cheerios in her mouth. But I might be able to claim she's talking about me!
Here is a picture of Her Royal Cuteness:
In exciting other news, my mom, Meg Moseley, has just signed a contract and sold her novel to Waterbrook/Random House! You can read her blog here. This has been a long and sometimes seemingly unrewarding journey for her, but after about 13 years, she has finally been offered a book deal! Congratulations, Mom!
Sister: I'm with you - thank the LORD for Coffee! Oh yes, there'll be days like these... I laughed (only because I commiserate) on the wiping behinds comment...
ReplyDeleteHer Royal Cuteness is named so appropriately. =)
Congratulations to your mom - how AWESOME!!!
Her Royal Cuteness is entirely adorable. But you already knew that.
ReplyDeleteQuick correction: It's WaterBrook/Random House. :) Thanks for linking to my blog!
I hope you'll have a good nap today while H.R.C. is sleeping.
Found you through Home Sanctuary...
ReplyDeleteYou've gotta love a baby that sleeps through the night! (Well, you love them even when they don't, but it sure is more fun when they do!)
Sorry about your pup...Old age can really be hard--both in people AND animals.
Will check out your mom's blog...LOVE hearing positive publishing news.
Jamie (www.cozyyourhome.com)
Isn't a night of uniterrupted sleep amazing? I miss it. I am sure she is saying Mommy and loves you very much!!! Bummer about the dog. Hmm...diaper the dog? ;)
ReplyDeleteOh, your baby is so precious! You'll have to visit Joyce, she always has cute pix of her kids... and I'd have to add this but I'm Asian too! Anyway, here's her link this week:
ReplyDeletehttp://joyceandnorm.wordpress.com/2010/03/05/our-week-in-photos-week-10-of-52-2/
My babies are 5&6 and it seems so long ago that they we're just this little. Enjoy every minute!
Congratulations to your mom! That's fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThat episode last night was hysterical - when Dwight started throwing weapons out the car window I thought my husband was going to fall off the couch. And when Pam revealed that she knew the baby's gender I cried. But I'm a big crier when it comes to babies anyway.
Speaking of which - yours is adorable!
Poor doggie. =( Cute baby! Yay for sleep...now if we can only get to bed a bit earlier. =) Congrats to your mom. I'm heading over there right now....and isn't it just like a mother to correct you in public on your own blog. =p
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've had a busy week. Your baby is a cutie. My little one is 1 and we love watching her do stuff and make faces. She's always making us laugh. Awesome news about your mom's book!
ReplyDeleteMom, I don't know what happened! I know it was Random House.... It's the sleep-deprivation talking. :)
ReplyDeleteOh man...poopy petushkies...I don't miss the days.
ReplyDeleteLook at you with the running! YAY! Keep going at it and you will find yourself addicted in no time (I promise!) Congratulations!
I was doing C25K, too, but no treadmill. Week 4 tweaked my knee and I had to lay off for a couple of weeks...I'm just starting to build up again with walking and hope to get back out next week and start with Week 3 as a test. Good luck to you!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about your dog's 2nd strike...we have a 15yo retriever mix and I know she's in her last months. Sad stuff...we do love our pets.
Your little one is getting so big! What a cutie!
Oh my...your poor dog...brought back memories of my blk lab that we had to euthanize last year.....his urinary tract stopped working properly...had to wear a diaper for the last 6 wks of his life until I finally got the courage to say 'enough'...the poor guy needs some dignity...I had to let him go...I still miss him terribly....thanks goodness you have such a sweet baby to keep you going!
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of her Royal Cuteness, how sweet, and I would definitely claim the mumblings as mama!
ReplyDeletePoor puppy...ya know, there is just nothing glamorous about getting old!
As for the running, I have been trying to train for a 5k, unfortunately, life keeps getting in the way. I have decided to stop avoiding it and just get my tail up at 5a.m. or it isn't gonna happen. Now, I just have to make my tail get up!
Cute baby!
ReplyDeleteI'm curious to know what your definition of 'out' is regarding the dog - if it means the pound, the dog is as good as dead after about 2 days in 'jail.' We had a dalmatian growing up, and she made it to about 16 but the last few months were awful. She was completely blind, could barely walk, and had zero bladder/bowel control. It's hard when pets get old.