Good morning!
I just put Elizabeth down for a nap about 25 minutes ago, and I am going to try to get a few things accomplished before she wakes up. Hopefully I'll get another hour out of her.
First, I want to get some chicken started in the oven. Going to try to just lay it out on a pan and roast it - it's a whole chicken cut up (totally worth the extra $1 in my mind). Normally I have a solid plan for every meal for the week, but this week has kind of been a mess in that regard. I don't know quite what happened. I guess we will eat baked chicken tonight (with veggies and rice or something), and tomorrow I can start some chicken soup. I think that's what I'll do. We'll see.
Then, it has been my goal for the past week to clean the bathtub. It has been way too long since it was cleaned last, and it's embarrassing to think about it. Fortunately, I've put it off long enough that today if I do it, I'll get points (ha! maybe that was my subconscious excuse for not doing it - aside from the fact that it is my least favorite chore in all the world).
Off topic - what is the chore that you most detest doing?
If I still have time afterwards (not likely), I will drag the glider/rocker out of the garage and clean it up. We picked it up from somebody's curb, and threw it in the back of the Suburban a couple of months ago - apparently they were cleaning their garage. It still will need a new cushion for the back and seat, but I'll be that much closer to having something I can sit in to rock Elizabeth.
On another note, Elizabeth is now 5 months old on the 8th. I can't believe how quickly it has gone by! For some reason I kept just anticipating when she would reach 3 months old - I'm not sure why - and so that made me relieved, and now every month and every milestone after that I have been so thrilled!
She sits up, kind of wobbly, but for longer periods of time each day. She also scoots herself with a pretty good "Army crawl", where she drags herself along by her elbows and pushes with her feet if she gets some traction. Every once in a while she puts her knee down and pushes off, like a real crawl "step," but she hasn't learned to anticipate the forward motion to catch herself with her hands, so she throws her face into the floor. Fortunately, she doesn't seem to mind the nose dives.
Last night Elizabeth ate a whole container (2.5 oz) of Prunes, and she ate more at one sitting than she ever has (of solid food, that is). The reason I bought prunes was because she had been having some issues getting the solids to come out.... well, those prunes work wonders! I'll have to remember, though, that even though she loves them, she should not eat a whole container in one night. Or maybe they should be mixed with something else. Like bananas.
Twice this week I have gone for a walk around the block, which is a 1.1 mile loop, about half of it involves some uphill climbs. The weather has been perfect, and Elizabeth loves to sit and look at everything. It helps to wear her out, too. The great thing is that I am finally getting some exercise. It's something I need to work into my routine. I think that if I schedule it, I should be able to make myself exercise at least two times a week - three would be ideal.
We have finally gotten a sort of routine down for the day. Elizabeth goes to bed around 8 PM (more or less), and she still wakes up twice during the night. I could definitely live without the middle of the night feedings, but this too shall pass. She wakes up for the day around 8 AM. Then she goes down for a nap between 10 and 11 AM, sleeps for about 90 minutes (on average), then goes down for another nap around 1 PM. When she wakes up around 3 or 4, she is up for the rest of the afternoon, unless it gets to be a really long day, so she'll take a short nap later. During that afternoon nap, I try to work on dinner, and then I feed her some kind of solid food, and out of necessity I give her a bath, let her play while Sam and I eat dinner, then nurse her and put her to bed again. This has worked pretty well for the past week, with some deviation once in a while. I could definitely get used to having a solid routine!
I just made waffles, because my dear friend Stephanie just gave us the waffle maker that they were given for their wedding and never used. We are thrilled. There are 4 or 5 waffles sitting out that need to be packaged and put in the fridge or freezer (as if they'll make it to the freezer), so we can throw them in the toaster for breakfasts for the weekend.
Well, I hear Elizabeth crying, but she needs to go back to sleep. I will go turn on the white noise and see if that calms her down.
Maybe I will get my plans accomplished. Maybe not.
Off I go! Have a good weekend!
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
6 months ago
okay, this has made me very hungry. haha
ReplyDeletewe didn't even get around to grocery shopping this last week. haha but we had enough for meals. we just started emily on solids. we love our walks to the bart station to pick norm up from work. i think it's about 1.2 miles. during the summer we walked every single day, and melody had a blast crunching the leaves when they started falling. now it's too cold to bring them out. we'll have to find somewhere else to walk. maybe the mall? haha hope things get better with the sleep for elizabeth. melody was like that for the longest time. i've been blessed with a fantastic sleeper (for now) in emily. she's been sleeping almost 10-12 hrs at night with only 1 waking for about 3-10 mins. but somehow i never do get to bed early. =\ now i want waffles. we got a maker for our wedding too, and have used it quite a bit. it also has a panini hot plate too, so we can make sandwiches too. lots of gifts we never used though. =( anyway, have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love hearing about your little girl! Since my youngest is nearly 3 years old, I miss those milestones. It's fun to read your posts and reminice. The stage I am in now is so different, but very fun.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Melissa
Sounds like you have a great routine going! You really don't want to know how long it's been since I cleaned my shower. ;) I have to say though, cleaning the toilet (and around the toilet) is probably my most hated chore.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a waffle maker! That would be so cool. My kids would love it.
Thanks for the coffee!
Dawn
Yep, ya gotta watch those prunes...they are both a miracle worker and a potential disaster all packed up into one tiny little jar! Maybe she will stay more "regular" now!
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy those waffles, isn't it amazing how little blessings like rocking chairs and waffle makers can be such an exciting thing!
5 months...((SIGH))...just wait before you know it she'll be 13. It just goes by so fast. Enjoy each moment!
ReplyDeleteI haven't cleaned my shower or well the bathrooms from top to bottom in a long time. I'm embarrassed. My most hated chore is changing out the seasonal clothes. Hate that...I guess because I have 5 children...the clothes just overwhelm me.
Have a great week!
LydiaCate
I laughed at your comments about the tub! I'll see if there is something else I can bribe you with points to do....stay tuned.
ReplyDeleteNaptimes are sometimes like beat-the-clock to get things done, aren't they? But I'm amazed that she is already starting to scoot! I shake my head because it seems like you JUST had her!
When I read "whole jar of prunes" I immediately envisioned the outcome.
Have a great week!