Gonna be a short one today.
There is not a whole lot new here this week; Sam is working on homework (is actually not going in to work this week or next, to get his projects done). Elizabeth is sleeping.
E has been getting better at sitting up on her own. She can actually stay up for several minutes, until she wants to go somewhere else.
Speaking of going somewhere else, she can get around pretty well now. She still does her little army crawl, but can get her knees up under herself and push forward. Lately she has started to scoot backward, too, which frustrates her. She doesn't quite know what she is doing.
Sleep has not been as much of a struggle lately; I've been feeding E around 6 or 6:30 (solid food), then giving her a bath (a necessity after eating), getting her ready to sleep, then giving her another chance to nurse. By 7:30 or 8 she is in bed, and is out till about midnight. At that point, she sleeps till sometime between 3 and 4, when she wakes up hungry, and then wakes up for the day between 7 and 8. That works out really well for her to take a nap at 9:30 or 10.
I've figured out that the morning nap is the only chance I get to accomplish anything. I wish I was good at kicking myself into gear.
Wednesday afternoon was spent mainly working on my revised chore list, where I laid out the weekly tasks in month calendar form. I had one of these set up long before Elizabeth arrived, but of course with a new baby, everything except survival flies out the window. Now that we have regular naps and bedtimes, I can actually try to get more of a handle on things to keep myself and the house under some semblance of control. The advantage of this list is that I have things marked down on certain days - some things a few times a week. Ideally, they will get done on the day they're listed. But since I am not that fond of any of this cleaning business, I will most likely not do all of the things. In fact, I have not done any of them since I made the list a couple of days ago. And the beauty of this set up is that if I miss it on one day, I know I can catch it the next time it shows up on the list. There are things listed that must get done for the continuation of normal life (groceries, laundry, etc.), and they are the main goals for each day. Then there's the other stuff - sweeping the floor, or exercising.
Well, the old dog is fussing to go outside, so I should probably listen to her. It makes a good stopping point for me to quit and post this for now.
But first, here is my current favorite picture of Elizabeth:
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
6 months ago
Awww she looks like a happy little baby :) So sweet!!
ReplyDeleteYour calendar sounds like mine. http://joyceandnorm.wordpress.com/2009/04/24/scheduled-cleaning If it doesn't get done that day, oh well. =p It's nice to have so you don't have to try to recall when the last time you cleaned out some was. Emily is such a good sleeper, but I never get to bed early. I really should. And just reread your post...exercising? What's that? Doesn't lifting kids count? I LOVE that photo of E. Because of all her spitting up, it was really hard to put Emily down, so she's just now getting the rolling over, and all of that.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that picture is too sweet! Hope your new chore system works! I know how hard it can be to get back into a routine, but it is so nice once you do!
ReplyDeleteOh she is just too cute for words! Enjoy every single moment. Too soon they are grown.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie!
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to get is all done! Each season of life allows for a different amount. Sounds like you're doing great.
Have a great weekend!
LydiaCate
It's so good to have a plan.....I wish I could settle down and make one up...it surely is the way to get things accomplished!
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling smile! She looks like she is truly tickled at life! It sounds to me like you're schedule is working out pretty well...it is a challenge!
ReplyDeleteI like the system of having certain things assigned to certain days...it really helps me keep from spiraling into depression when I've skipped it for about two weeks and everything needs to be done at once. I just look at "today's" task and do that. Like you, catch the next ones the next time around. :)