Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Behind the scenes...


I'm feeling like we will likely not even pull the decorations down out of the attic this year. It's not that I don't want to decorate, but we will be leaving town the day after Christmas, and who wants to come home 10 days after Christmas to have to clean it all up? Not I, said the little pregnant girl.

The most decorating I have done so far is to put the growing card collection on top of the piano. The main wall in our living-dining room is painted red, though, so it looks almost like a holiday. I have some holiday-ish candles that I could light, and we could light a fire in the fireplace if we wanted to make the room feel more cozy.Lately my time has been consumed by gathering addresses, both for our church's directory and for our personal address database. Then I've been addressing cards and signing them, and trying to print out a little photo of us and the ultrasound shot to send to relatives and the folks that should get one.

The only Christmasy thing I've done this year has been to have Kristi, Lauren, Christina (also prego), Carol, and Lesley over to bake cookies together. It was a riot, and probably the most fun I'd had in weeks. I should have taken a picture of the table when all the cookies were spread out on it for us to collect to take home! I also should have taken a picture of all of us as a group. Anyways, it was such a great time. And so delicious!


Now Sam is painting the second closet in our master bedroom. The first was done many moons ago, (as referenced in one of the very first blog posts) but since we have been able to live with the way it was, we haven't gotten around to painting and setting up Sam's closet. Once that is completed, we will be able to move Sam's clothes out of my closet, then weed out my clothes, and move the seasonally appropriate clothing into the closets. At that point, we should get rid of the clothes that have been in the other two bedroom closets that we have not touched in about a year. When the extra bedroom closets are emptied, we can use the space to start organizing and preparing for having a little one move in.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you got the cards all set up on the piano with the lights. The cookies look delicous.

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)