I am (according to my best estimate) about 8 weeks along.
We found out about 3 weeks ago, about Oct 8.
For about a week before I tested I pretty much "knew" in my heart that I was pregnant, even though I hardly had any evidence to tell me anything for sure, and couldn't test to confirm it yet.
The pregnancy has been an adventure so far. I've been dealing with morning-, afternoon- and night-sickness. Some days are better than others, so I can't say it's all miserable. I'm figuring out what I can and can't eat, and trying to keep appetizing snacks on hand. Appetizing being a changing thing - what was great one day might sound terrible the next.
The hidden blessing in this season is that I have been laid off as of 10/17. This means I don't have to get up early in the morning and keep myself out of the bathroom at work all day, only to come home too exhausted to do anything productive.
The catch is that now I have to go through the unemployment process, looking for and applying to jobs, and trying to figure out what to do for insurance. I've been declared uninsurible, because pregnancy is not covered for new insurance plans, so we either have to cough up nearly $400/month just to keep the same or similar coverage I've had free from my employer, or go through the Medicaid route, which I can't really figure out until my unemployment filing is processed and I can see or show how much I am receiving. It's interessting, that's certain.
Through all of this, while it has been stressful because of all the unknowns, and the change of suddenly being at home and feeling sick, it has been very clear that God knows what He has for us, and we really can't be worried. Also, Sam could hardly be any more kind, flexible, and willing to help me feel more comfortable or keep me fed or help clean up or grill steaks (one of the few things I can still eat with gusto)!
We did manage to adopt out the big dogs, Jacob and Sarah. We are so happy about the family who picked them up last weekend, and they are in love with these dogs. It was also a relief to find out that Jacob's leg pain was not due to hip dysplasia but bad arthritis in one of his knees, which can be controlled by pain meds and less exercise, instead of expensive surgery. Susie, the lady who has taken them in along with her husband, called us on Sunday to tell us how they are doing, that they are happy, and they have each lost at least 20 lbs from the time that we had gotten them in July (they went from 120 and 116 to 105 and 95)!Sam has only one last semester of school left after this fall semester. That means, Lord willing, he will graduate in May 2009! This semester is a pretty tough one, with 4 classes, and he is barely keeping his head above water, it seems. But the end is in sight!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)