Karis Michelle was born on July 5, perfect and beautiful. She weighed 7 lbs, 2 oz at birth, and is a healthy and content baby.
Her name, Karis, means grace. (We pronounce it like 'care-iss,' not the way it sounds at the link, though.)
- that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech
Who wouldn't want to speak that over one's daughter? Not to mention, grace is much needed while we navigate this new adventure of parenting two girls.
Lizzie goes back and forth between adoring her baby sister ("bay-ee sisser") and acting up out of feeling displaced. It's a bit of a struggle to keep her on an even keel, but over all, she is doing well.
It is kind of a strange and wonderful thing to refer to them as "the girls." We have girls, plural.
The last week of being home has honestly been better than I expected (again, grace), and I am feeling great. Sleep has been rare, but we are getting what we need. Friends from church have been bringing meals and adorable outfits. We are blessed.
I'll do my best to share my birth story soon (it's a good one), but I did at least want to give an update. Lizzie is up and asking for a bagel, so I had better get it while Karis sleeps, and before Lizzie changes her mind.
(I'm linking with Alicia's Homemaking Try New Adventures, and Home Sanctuary's virtual Coffee with the Company Girls.)
Congratulations! I love the name, we have friends who's daughter also shares that name. Glad things are well.
ReplyDeleteBlessings on your day!
Yipppeeee!! So happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteWow! This totally qualifies as an adventure. I love the meaningful name!
ReplyDeleteYou found time to write a post?! You're amazing.
ReplyDeleteNow I have three girls. :)
Congrats on the birth of your daughter!! My daughter's name is Charis (Greek for grace). We pronounce it "Car-iss."
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! She is BEAUTIFUL!! How wonderful to have another little Company Girl....I love having two daughters close in age and yours will be lifelong friends. Her name is perfect.....I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new lovey. Beautiful name you chose.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I love how you are treasuring these moments of your girlssss...congrats again.
ReplyDelete