Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wish List

The holiday wish list is something I probably have not made since I was about 9, going through the American Girl catalog, choosing an item (or two) from every page, that I could imagine the joy of seeing wrapped up under the tree. Not that I ever received what I picked out, but there is something exciting about circling "things I like".

Every year when someone asks me if there's anything I want, I usually end up saying, "I had thought of something a couple days ago, but now I don't remember." That is no help for anyone!

Besides, if I make a list of things I want to pick up while shopping for others, or after Christmas while things are on sale, it will save money to only go for the things I have been hankering for, instead of the impulse buys!

So, this year, I am making a list. I will probably jump back in periodically and add to it as I think of things. While I don't expect to get any or all of these, it never hurts to put it out there....

- Maternity clothes (S or M; tall); classic colors and styling (think Lauren or Stephanie or Amy)

- Cast iron Dutch oven (at least 5 qt)

- 1 (or more, I wouldn't complain) full detail clean of the whole house before the baby comes

- Waffle iron

- book: Celebration of Discipline, Foster

- Christmas decorations or tree ornaments; new Christmas music

- Jewelry (not earrings - unless for sensitive ears)

- Whitman's Chocolate sampler

... to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)