I suppose you'll need a translation?
"S'orm Fopt" is the phonetic spelling of "storm stopped" in Lizzie-speak. We've just had a series of pretty intense thunderstorms blow through in the past few hours. At one point, when the trees were rocking and the dog was pacing, I told Lizzie that we would pray and ask Jesus to keep us safe in the storm. She had just gotten up from a nap and was still in that dazed, just-woke-up state. Her face brightened when I suggested we pray, because she gets "s'ared" when there is "tunner outside".
She likes to pray; she likes the story in her Baby's First Bible about Jesus being in the boat with his friends, and Jesus told the wind to stop blowing and the waves to be still, and Jesus could make the storm stop.
"Desus mate s'orm fop."
So we prayed. And the storm blew by much more quickly than I'd anticipated. Even minutes later on the radar on the weather update, there was a dip where there was less color over our area.
There were further waves of thunderstorm, but when Lizzie got scared as I tucked her into bed (it was quite an extended tucking in process) she asked me several times to pray: "Desus amen."
Because Desus mate s'orm go 'way. Because He likes to prove Himself to the little ones.
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
6 months ago
Awww, thunderstorms at night are no bueno. I hope she was able to stay asleep after all that.
ReplyDeleteShe wasn't the only one who wanted the s'orm to fop. It was a doozy.
ReplyDeleteIt was kind of difficult to get her down while phase two of the storm kept going and going throughout bedtime. I told her she could sleep in my bed, but the trouble was she wouldn't settle down and sleep. Around 11 it had quieted down and I tucked her in to her own bed, where she slept, but not very well. She woke up before 5, and has been up since. I don't have very high expectations for the rest of the day.
ReplyDelete