Friday, June 25, 2010

It's party time!


Tomorrow is Lizzie's little first birthday party. It was originally going to be something small and simple, and it has evolved into something much larger than it should have ever been. But it will be a lot of fun, and we'll all be blessed.

I am up and at 'em this morning to work on my "Believing God" home work (and enjoy my coffee (Company girl and the real stuff) before embarking on as much cleaning and food preparation as I can stand.

This is what we're having for dinner for the meal, along with mac & cheese, and cupcakes.

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pulled_pork_sandwich/
I've made it multiple times before, but this will be the first time I make it for 20-some odd people. I have a 9 lb butt roast, and a huge crock pot. Anyone have suggestions while I'm about to give it a try?

I need to get up so I don't waste my morning on the computer. If you want to read deep reflections of my heart you can read the previous post. It's long, but it was good for me to write it.

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your Lizzie! I haven't seen you link up in awhile, so I am glad to read your post this morning. Hope to read a little more of your blog a little later today...
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah first birthdays! Sounds like fun!
    I didn't read the recipe you posted but here is what I do with my butt:) I throw it in my CP with one can of regular Coke (NOT DIET) and put on low all day long. Remove the meat from the CP and discard the juice. Shred it and remove any fat. Add a bottle or two of your favorite bbque sauce and voila dinner is served. My people LOVE when I make this.
    Hope the party is a huge success! Happy birthday to your sweet baby!
    LydiaCate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Lizzie! That first bday is always special - that's why the party grew!

    The pork recipe sounds great (I bookmarked the link for myself!) My first job was for a caterer, cooking large quantities of food. My only suggestion with so big a butt (gosh, that sounds...rude!) is to cut it in half and prepare it in two pans. It will take much, much longer to cook in one huge piece, and you run the risk of the center not being completely done, based on the cooking method of the recipe. Maybe one in the crock, one stovetop?

    Either way, it sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your precious little one! Enjoy the festivities, it only happens once. I have no advice to you on cooking for large groups, I have trouble cooking for my little group! :) Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck pulling everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! First birthdays are like no other! of course, the only memory the child has is in photo form, but it is pretty awesome for the parents! My first birthdays are long gone, but the memory will last forever. I stopped by via Home Sanctuary---enjoy a sip of coffee and have a great day and fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love babies at this age...they're just so delightful. Hope your little one has a wonderful first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you guests had a yummy time. I was crazy enough to think I could possibly pull off cooking/making food for Emi's first...but I'm not so crazy because I didn't...not for 50 people! I was crazy to do it for Melody's 1st though...that was because I only had 1 child and no wedding planning for my sister. =p We'll have to see pics of L partying!! And I will have to try LydiaCate's recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First birthday parties are SO MUCH FUN!!! I hope Lizzie's went really well for you. I can't wait to watch the videos of my kids' parties when they are grown. :)

    How is "Believing God" so far? I started that study with my church several years ago but was unable to finish due to a move. It's sitting on my shelf, beckoning me to finish; I so want to do it!

    PS It would really be nice if you had an option for posting as Name/URL (mine is www.trugars.com)! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would hate for this to be only a monologue; please join in the conversation! :)