Well, I've been here, but have not had time to write anything for a while.
So, the coffee pot is still funky, so I am using the French press exclusively, which is actually the easiest way to make coffee for one.
This morning started early, but miraculously Elizabeth is asleep again and has been for nearly an hour. Because of this, I have had a chance to have a quiet time (without interruption by a nursing child) and actually enjoy my aforementioned coffee. I also set aside 2.5 oz of milk for later. I am currently watching "The Doctors" on TV. It's my favorite show, and the only thing on TV before 8 PM that I can tolerate. I am well on my way to being a true suburban housewife; I have a Suburban, watch one show in the mornings, and clip coupons. All I need is soccer practice and a couple of twin sweater sets.
An amazing thing happened last night - I put E to bed at about 9:30/9:45, and she slept until 6:10 when Sam was rushing to get out the door for work! That is just over 8 hours! She did stir at 4, with some gas, but I waited to see if it would turn into a real cry. When she woke up again, I honestly thought it was a continuation of the same fussy moment, but it was actually 2 hours later.
Last week I had the joy of hosting my best friend, Michelle, from out of state for 5 days. It was wonderful to have her with me, and to catch up with her. We had not been together for 1-1/2 years, and that was only at a conference, so we didn't have the same time together that we normally do - chatting on the couch till all hours of the night, laughing at the silly things and sighing at the profound things we say, and watching girl movies.
Michelle is so refreshing to me; her heart is so pure toward the Lord, and she is so involved in serving in whatever way she is directed. We had loads of fun together, and we had one good, long heart-to-heart from about 11 till 1 the last evening she was here.
Next week Sam's parents will be here for a week. We'll take the opportunity while they're here to have our baby dedication at church. Hopefully we will make it on time to church that day. :)
Elizabeth is awake, so now I will go rescue her....
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
6 months ago
Isn't it nice when the baby sleeps well?! (I have a 4 month old, who is also about to be dedicated!) And visits with wonderful friends are always precious.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
I'm glad at least one of you got sleep. I remember waking up at night and Melody was still sleeping, and I'd just want to watch her. =p
ReplyDeleteWe almost missed Melody's baby dedication because I was nursing her in the nursery. We just made it, and then as it was ending, she pooped, and it leaked...onto my skirt...and you know how baby poop is like. haha Hope you will hae a better one than that. =p
Have a great weekend.
How nice that she slept so long. It sounds like you've had a nice week. Glad!
ReplyDeleteAww, good stuff! How fun to get to spend time with a friend! Sometimes that is just what the soul needs, right?
ReplyDeleteDoesn't 8 hours of sleep feel incredible when you haven't had it for awhile? It may take awhile before it becomes a regular thing, but it is a good sign to get one!
Hope you have a great week with Sam's parents!
I'm sure you feel like a new woman...sleeping eight hours! Great job! I hope that continues!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!